In my last blog I answered the first half of the popular “Thirty Questions” Challenge in the voice of my main character, Penny McKenna. This week I shed some more light on her background with the second half!
16. What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate. No question.
17. Tea or coffee? Coffee. Coffee. Coffee.
18. What is your favorite breakfast? Waffle with bacon cooked inside.
19. Sweet or salty? Salted caramel. Oodles of it.
20. Favorite drink? Wine. But have been known to do a shot of Gosling’s Family Reserve Old Rum afer a stressful event.
21. What will be your Halloween costume this year? Not even sure I’ll be in the U.S. on Halloween.
22. Favorite social media? I don’t do much of it. When broadband time and speed is limited at sea on a boat, you can’t waste it on Facebook or Twitter.
23. How do you handle stress? Power walk to clear my mind. If I’m in a confined space (happens often on a boat), I pace.
24. How would you describe your fashion style? When I’m working it’s a chef’s uniform. Otherwise, sailboat casual. So much better than the suits I had to wear as a lawyer.
25. What color socks are you wearing? None. I’m in Key West right now.
26. What is your dream job? Not sure, I’m still exploring. Been everything from a B&B housekeeper to a short-order cook, a lawyer/prosecutor, and now, yacht chef. I think change is good.
27. Dogs or cats? Dogs. Cats make me sneeze.
28. Celebrity crush? I know he’s a bit old for me, but Sean Connery. The accent, the eyes, the just-right amount of swagger.
29. What’s your biggest fault? Must confess - I can be stubborn to an injurious degree when set my mind on a goal.
30. Who influenced you the most as a child? My Nana. She brought a host of old-world superstitions and bootstrapping advice with her from Ireland. Both have kept me going when others might have shrunk from a challenge.